Yenda Producers has created a livestock production team to aid growers in getting the most out of their livestock operation, much in the same way that they have a team of skilled agronomists and horticulturists, providing support and knowledge in their respected fields to producers.
The Livestock Production Consultant team at Yenda Producers is committed to improving the quality, health and management of all Co-operative members’ livestock operations. The team prides itself on being up to date with all the latest information and technical advice available to assist members in the most practical and profitable way possible.
What can the livestock production team do for you?
The Yenda Producers Livestock Production Team role is to assist clients in increasing production through;
• Formulation of production plans.
• Condition scoring livestock throughout the season and assist in assessing feed on hand at different stages of the growing season.
• Grazing strategy and supplementation to help prevent metabolic issues throughout the grazing cycle and maximise production in different grazing scenarios.
• Weaning plans for maximising growth and minimising stress on sheep.
• Parasite control plans for fly, worms and lice to help minimise the effects of parasite and mange resistance issues through correct product selection.
• Effective vaccination programs for livestock to aid in stock survival and prevention and control of reproduction diseases, such as Pesti virus in cattle and campylobacter in sheep.
• Or just provide a sounding board for changes you want to make to your livestock operation.
Members can choose from a comprehensive range of livestock products, from preventative to curative treatment solutions for their livestock, at each branch. Yenda Prods also supplies a wide range of livestock equipment including yards and livestock handlers.
If you are looking for help or advice on taking your grazing operation to the next level, give the team a call.
Contact our Livestock Production Consultants
Duncan Pixley - 0447 566 619
Casey Gilbert 0437 566 646
Peter Gordon - 0428 716 645
Normac Branch - Baranduda and Wangaratta